Saturday, July 19, 2014

Grant Opportunity!

     You really never know what's around the corner in education so, adopt the motto to always be prepared and flexible for the unexpected!
     After applying for an FDA grant to study food safety and nutrition this past spring I was notified in May that because of a small technicality I was declined acceptance.  However, all that changed in an instant this week when I got the "call".  I was notified by the national training coordinator  that a member of the selected class had to cancel because of an emergancy and since I was next in line was asked to attend.  I have been running to get packed and ready for the last few days.  It is a very exciting opportunity to study with experts in the field at the FDA, in the microbiology labs at the University of Maryland and at the USDA Agriculture Research Center.
    The purpose of this grant is to learn and teach.  I will be sharing this experience and information with my students in the classroom.  Then after attending the NSTA conference and an FDA teacher training in Long Beach, California in December I will hold a professional development training on this topic for FACS and Science teachers.  This is an all inclusive grant and should prove to be an awesome experience.  Cheers to the FDA class of 2014!
    Please pray for safe travels as I will be leaving soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment