Sunday, August 11, 2013

Professional Development Workshops Galore!!

  The Alabama Alliance for Arts Education 21/2 day workshop was just a fantastic experience!  FACS teacher Diane Bernasconi from Spanish Fort High school and I set out on this adventure only to be bombarded with  many fabulous art projects that we actually made ourselves and continued to complete on our own time, sometimes working until 10 0'clock at night! Our instructors were extremely knowledgeable; teaching us paper/fabric marbling, painting, poetry, stain glass jewelry art and the importance of movement/dance to keep class periods energized.  Now, I have great ideas for art projects that I will feel comfortable incorporating into my curriculum.
  Here I am dropping the paint into the marbling pan prior to dipping the paper and fabric to make a marbled design.  It was so fun because you never knew how the imprint would turn out!
  I always wanted to be an art teacher so this is my chance to be one!  Tomorrow starts the beginning of school for 2013-2014- my 10th school year at Fairhope Middle School!  Cheers to teachers and students!

No comments:

Post a Comment